Monday, September 15, 2008

BIG NEWS! & correction

Eric called me right in the middle of the MUGA scan, big news! More importantly some good news (Finally!). It looks like the PET scan is showing Stage 2 NOT stage 3 like the doctor was fearing from the physical exam. This is big, it's not showing any cancer cells below the diaphragm. He will now be having the bone marrow biopsy tomorrow afternoon & meeting with the surgeon to schedule the port-a-cath tomorrow as well. Also Eric has decided he would like to have a consult down at the Huntsman cancer center, he feels, and we all agree that he just wants to make sure he has the most up-to-date treatments possible. I'm not sure when we'll hear the results from the MUGA scan (I forgot to ask I was so excited). I'll let you know when we hear more. Keep praying guys, it's working!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news Eric!! Keep your spirits high. We are all pulling for you. Robbie, Lynne & Corbin

Anonymous said...

Every time I read this I send one your way.

Kimber said...

Thank you for making this blog, I will definitely keep you in my prayers, i know for sure that it does wonders, even just to bring a little bit of comfort in stressful times. Hang in there Eric, you are a trooper!

Kimber said...

Also, one more thing, sorry. I was going to recommend Dr. Weiss (spelling?) at the Huntsman if Eric decides to check out their center. He was Jose's oncologist for the entire 7 years of his cancer treatment, and was constantly giving Jose information on new treatments and things to try. Just options, he was never pushy, he just laid it out there and ultimately let Jose decide what he wanted to do. He was a very good doctor, in Jose's eyes.

Anonymous said...

Eric,
It is 4:00 am on Tues Sept 16th and it is my 55th birthday. I am now an official senior citizen WOO-HOO. As for my birthday present....the only thing I want is for your bone marrow biopsy to go well today and that it is clear and normal. I love you Eric and I am so proud of you. Remember the other day when I said that you probably have no idea how many people think the world of you. With all the support I have seen around you shows me how many lives you have touched. All of us together are going to help you beat this. I love you! We all love you!
Love Mom