Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Not a lot today...

Eric did get the results back from his MUGA scan, it showed the function of his heart as normal. This is important because the port-a-cath used for the chemo is placed in the superior vena cava vessel at entrance of the right atrium of the heart. We believe he will get this placed either this Friday or next. As I said in an earlier post he has an appointment at the Huntsman Cancer Center next Thursday. We haven't heard back on the bone marrow results we don't expect these results until at least Friday.

I also wanted to update you with a few questions we asked the oncologist this week:

1. Because Eric is stage 2 Hodgkin's not stage 3 he will be doing about 6 months of chemo plus radiation treatments following the chemo. Studies have shown that the two treatments in early stage Hodgkin's lead to a higher survival & a less likely recurrence rate. (Later stage Hodgkin's is normally only treated with chemotherapy)

2. The ABVD chemo treatments should last about 3 hours, the actual drip itself lasts about 1 hour 1/2 you can read more about that here Lymphoma Information Network - ABVD Chemotherapy

If there are any other questions any of you have please post them in the comments section or email me at rkings2991@aol.com.

1 comment:

Devri said...

Ok first I have to say--

I absolutly know what you all are going trough, my husband was diagnosed with stomach and colon cancer, it happened last year, and now is in remission.

Second- I don't have my website up yet, but I am willing to do your blog. Do you want something focusing on his cancer, or do you want something he loves, or just name it, I will do it, and make you a header for sure, if you would like, My prayers are with your family and your brother.. take care. just email me at

makadevri@sfcn.org