Thursday, October 9, 2008

And the fight is on...

Eric is officially fighting lymphoma! About an hour ago Eric started Chemo. He had quite a lengthy visit with Dr. Gilbert beforehand. They will be reinserting the port-a-cath on the 22nd, he will have another Chemo treatment on the 23rd. He will also be meeting with the radiologists from St. Marks at the end of the month to set up his plan for radiation treatments. Dr. Gilbert looked at the open wound for the infected port (which as you know has since been removed) she said it looks good. Eric has been told he WILL lose all of his hair within two weeks. So far he is tolerating all of the chemo meds ok (they were worried about Eric's asthma as one of the drugs can cause breathing problems.) I will add to this post later tonight with more details. The doctors said 1/3 of chemo patients experience NO effects (nausea, exhaustion) from the drugs...let's hope Eric is part of this 1/3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric,
I want you and everyone else to know how proud I am of you. Today was a very long and teadius day for all of us. Sitting by your side during your first Chemo treatment today made me realize that your will to fight this is amazing. I am finding that I am getting my strength from you and all along I thought it should be me your "mom" giving you the strength to fight this battle.
You are my "hero"
I love you so much
Love Mom