Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trick or Treat

So Eric is still feeling awful, I thought maybe we would do something fun ( & a little bit cheesy, just play along). To help Eric's spirits I thought we would post fun or sweet stories we have about Eric, you can either post them on the comments section or email them to me rkings2991@aol.com . I will copy and paste them from the comments section because there are some people that cannot access the comments section. So I will start things off:

You might not know this but Eric is a kickass bingo player (yes there is such a thing), I'm serious the ninety year old ladies shake in their support hose when they see him coming. But it hasn't always been that way, when Eric first went with us for his first biannual Las Vegas trip he thought we were pretty girly. We started his first day off with bingo & Celine Dion, he was pretty much going crazy (he text messaged through the entire concert). So the next day he was bored to tears, that is until that afternoon when he hit the cash ball for around $1400.00. Since then he has hit several coveralls, jumbo consolation's, and just normal bingo's, one time when we went we each came home with 4x's the amount we took...I told you kickass...

Ok it's your turn!!

Here's some comments...

Two things come to mind when I think of Eric. I remember when Lorie would bring him to church when he was little. I remember his sweet face sitting next to her and wondering how a boy his age could be so good in church! And I love it when Eric really laughs! When he laughs, it makes everyone around him laugh harder! Terry and Lorie's antics are some of the things that can really get him going! Such comedians in the family!Well, Eric, our family is praying for you. We know how strong you are and only wish we had the words to bring you comfort. But, please know that we love you and care about you and want you to get better! Keep strong, buddy, and hang in there!Love, The Pilgreen's

One of my favorite things about Eric is his love of treats. Again we were in Vegas and we were walking by the bakery that always has an array of lavish treats, there happened to be black and white cookies the size of your head mind you that seemed to catch Eric's eye, well that is all it took and because Eric was so busy staring lovingly at the black and white cookies he didn't see the steps in front of him and fell on his face, I always knew it would be the love of treats that would bring him to his knees!! Love ya Eric!Love-Hailey

From the Marcus family:

I remember when I was taller or just as tall as Eric...lol! (Not just the expression)..but Eric does "Stand tall above the crowd" one way he stands out is that despite his grandeur he comes down to all levels....especially to the level of kids....and all kids are naturally drawn to him and we all know why.... he is a very tall teddy bear! So naturally a lot of my memories are watching him connect and play with children. Watching in amusement, to see how many little monkeys he can handle clinging to his limbs and still be able to gracefully;steadily walk around. I know you feel weak Eric, let the strength of family and especially the humility of children which you share; strengthen you! Amy M.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things about Eric is his love a treats. Again we were in Vegas and we were walking by the bakery that always has an aray of lavish treats, there happened to be black and white cookies the size of your head mind you that seemed to catch Eric's eye, well that is all it took and because Eric was so busy staring lovingly at the black and white cookies he didn't see the steps in front of him and fell on his face, I always knew it would be the love of treats that would bring him to his knees!!
Love ya Eric!

Love-
Hailey

Anonymous said...

Two things come to mind when I think of Eric. I remember when Lorie would bring him to church when he was little. I remember his sweet face sitting next to her and wondering how a boy his age could be so good in church! And I love it when Eric really laughs! When he laughs, it makes everyone around him laugh harder! Terry and Lorie's antics are some of the things that can really get him going! Such comedians in the family!

Well, Eric, our family is praying for you. We know how strong you are and only wish we had the words to bring you comfort. But, please know that we love you and care about you and want you to get better! Keep strong, buddy, and hang in there!

Love, The Pilgreen's

Matt and Jamie Langston said...

I love Haileys story!! I don't know why its so funny when people fall but it really is!!! I can totally picture that whole story!! We hope you get feeling better Eric!!!

Matt, Jamie, Dylan & Oakley!

Lucidity said...

I remeber when I was taller or just as tall as Eric...lol! (Not just the expression)..but Eric does "Stand tall above the crowd" one way he stands out is that despite his grandure he comes down to all levels....especially to the level of kids....and all kids are naturally drawn to him and we all know why.... he is a very tall teddy bear! So naturally alot of my memories are watching him connect and play with children. Watching in ammuzment, to see how many little monkeys he can handle clinging to his limbs and still be able to gracefully;steadily walk around. I know you feel weak Eric, let the strength of family and espically the humility of children wich you share; strengthen you!
Amy M.