Sunday, October 12, 2008

kidney stones & mouth sores

Well Eric spent yet another Sunday in the E.R., this is like a regular thing lately. He has a kidney stone (they think). He is home now trying to eat, and rest. The chemo can have some nasty things one of which is mouth sores. The reason for this is the chemo attacks and kills fast duplicating cells (that is the whole point to kill the immature leukocytes that are duplicating at an unnatural rate) , the inner lining of your mouth is constantly sloughing off and replenishing itself. We hope you're feeling better soon Eric!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric-
Just wanted you to know that I got my flu shot today just for you! I hate getting flu shots but you were with me I pulled up your pic of your green hair on my cell phone and held it tight while she poked me I really think it helped! I know I know what a baby right, I know what you are going through is 1000 times worse than that, but I would do it for you if I could! I love you very much!
Love
Hailey

Life at the Lundarosa said...

Hang in there Eric! Enjoy the "green support" pics I sent you. Amy and TJ wish you well! So do I! You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Tricia